NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Reinstate Pontiac Campaign  (Read 2701 times)

august2009

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Reinstate Pontiac Campaign
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:49:41 AM »
Hello to all you Firebird and Trans Am fans! My name is Nick and my favorite Trans Am is the '69, although I like most all of them. I am writing to you today to encourage you, all your club members and all aftermarket parts makers to support an effort to REINSTATE PONTIAC back into the GM family !!

We believe GM management made the wrong decision in canceling the Pontiac brand. Chevy is popular for
two simple reasons. One, they offer MANY models to choose from and thus find more buyers. And two,
they have an entire truck line associated with their brand. Chevys are fairly unexciting in my opinion (except maybe the new Camaro). Pontiacs did much better in sales than  Buick, yet they decided to keep Buick on. In truth, Buick is only a hit in China. If America liked Buicks a lot more, would they not offer more
than 3 models? And just because the Chinese find them appealing doesn't mean we ever will. Why does GMC exist, when the company already has the Chevy truck line-up? Truck sales have plummeted. Do they
expect gas prices to drop so low that trucks will again become wildly popular?

Saturn, Saab, and Hummer have all found buyers. All Pontiac has left is its die-hard fans. LET'S FIGHT FOR PONTIAC !! If they've already made up their minds, what have we got to lose? A little bit of time and effort? Pontiac fans everywhere should tell GM to reverse their decision and bring back Pontiac now, or
they'll never buy another GM product again! There is strength in numbers, and we can do "what they
say can't be done" ! If GM kept even just two or three models, that would be considered a success.
In 2004 Oldsmobile went away and their fans barely made a peep. Let's not do the same thing. If Pontiac is going away forever, let's at least be able to say she went kicking and screaming. Only her fans can give her a fighting chance. Feel like it's a lost cause? Feel like the underdog? Good! Let THAT motivate ya!!
Chief Pontiac would be proud!

All hail the red arrowhead! Everyone take care.

You can write to this address: General Motors Corp.
                                            P.O. Box 33170
                                            Detroit, Michigan 48232-5170

These three men are in top positions and you may want to direct any correspondence to one or all three of them:
Fritz Henderson - CEO
Bob Lutz - Vice Chairman
Ed Wellburn - Vice President of Global Design

Sincerely,

Nick S.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:52:13 AM by firebirdclub »

gorin002

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Member
Re: Reinstate Pontiac Campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »
I will write, be polite and civil and not use bad words.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:38:37 PM by firebirdclub »

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: Reinstate Pontiac Campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog