NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: misfiring  (Read 2800 times)

fast95ta

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
misfiring
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »
I have had a slight misfire and changed the plugs. I put in some NGK's. Wires look fine. Today the misfiring got worse so after work I decided to check things out. First of all the intake elbow has sections missing on the bottom where it connects to the intake. So I am thinking I am leaking air before the intake. I am running a K&N cold air intake with the K&N intake tube. From the MAF back is stock.  Could the elbow be causing the misfiring I was experiencing before the pkug change?

I also noticed that the harness to the opti on the opti end the clamp is broken off. Thinking this could be causing a bad connection. And then when removing elbow and opening the throttle body, it seems gunked up inside the intake. I am thinking this could be due to the leaky elbow. Is there anyway to clean the throttle body with it still on the engine? i am worried about the gunk actually going in and fouling out the plugs and doing damage. I don't think opti is bad.

I need to get this thing running as soon as possible as it is my daily driver and funds are low for another week. Any suggestions? It is a 95 Trans Am LT1 With Hooker Super comp headers and CAI. Also for an intake elbow, I am thinking about buying a polished aluminum one. What size is the intake? It seems as though most the aluminum ones I am finding are 4 inches. And I assume I will have to bend it to match the oval LT1 intake.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

misfiring
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog