NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: restoration of my 79 T/A  (Read 3103 times)

ZenFireRacing.com

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
    • ZenFireRacing.com
restoration of my 79 T/A
« on: December 31, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »
Hi everyone!  I have been a member for a year now, and I was so upset with what was going on with my resto that I couldn't bring myself to read these boards.  My Eagle's and my high performance pontiac mags are piled up on my desk... unread.  What happened was, My paint shop held my poor Trans Am hostage for over 8 months.  They were highly recommended but something went wrong with the owner, and they just held onto my car, offering me promises of getting it finished "next week".  After giving them a little more "time", it was brought down to metal by hand (or so I was told), and the primer was applied.  Much to my horror, they used laquer primer and didn't bring the whole car down to metal.  When I finally decided to go pick up my poor "Goldie", she already had rust bursting through that lousy primer on her hood, truck lid, and roof.  The miracle in all this trauma was the new paint and restoration shop that I found to bring her back to life.  So everyone ...if you get a minute, take a look at the pictures on their site.  The best thing about the new place is that I have documentation in the form of pictures for every step of the transformation.  The 69 mach 1 is also mine, those pictures are posted on the same site on the car pics page. 
Here is the link to all of Goldie's pictures: http://www.klassicrides.com/79TransAm.htm

Please follow along with me during these now happy days!  I need to figure out which heads to get, and the exhaust.  And I have a lot of decisions to make under the hood because that bad place blew up her motor the day they knew we were coming to take her from them.  The owners' son beged me to keep her there so they could, "finish the job".  I guess he was so angry about not getting the rest of the money to finish up with a horrible job.  Can you bellieve he had only two hours before we arrived with the trailer, but that was enough time to throw a rod.  What a sound.  I almost threw up when I heard it!  She purred when I brought her in there, and she was knocking when I brought her out.   
Anyway let's all have a happy new year, I know I'm happy now! ~Laura

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

restoration of my 79 T/A
« on: December 31, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog