NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: New to the Club. Happy to be part of  (Read 2185 times)

wolfix09

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
New to the Club. Happy to be part of
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Nick Lampinen and I currently live in Gulfport MS. Originally from the Upper penisula of michigan.

I joined the club about a month ago after browsing the web a bit. Having been referd there actually was a club after obtaining my TA during my afghan deployment.

Bought it at 13k and 43k miles on it already putting 7k miles on it seince febuarary this year.

Sadly enough when I started to poke around the inside I had witnessed a few problems off the bat with the interior.
The down button for bot the side view mirrors does not function. I changed the fuse for the ciggerette lighters and one of them works but the other still refuses to work next to the Traction controll button.

Also the rear view mirrors chip was found dangling . Thankfully i found the bottom portion where it would hold the chip in place but again its being held up with scotch tape at the moment.

I had to purchase a new coin holder for the TA, and a new doorlock slider.
Also found out my cup holder on the passenger side never had a bottom as well. The one that pulls out underneath the AC controlls.
 Just recently after closing my door on the driver side as well a small triangular peice broke off nearby the corner of the window. I do not think that can be repaired very easily as the plastic that held the screw in place is busted off. I am thinking super glue might help but hesitant to do it as of yet.

As far as a system goes I already managed to pull off the two side door panels and successfully put them back together with new speakers within the doors and the two in the back. The two in the back were originally subwoofers but changed that to fullrange audio replacing the stock amp as well. Also a new radio put in as well.

Thats about it for the vehicle. I Currently own 2 12 inch pioneer subs and I am looking to buy something like this for a subbox. Of course the vehicle is T-top so I like this model subbox more than the others. Maybe someone here has an offer for me or can help out.

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-Boxes/Camaro-Firebird-1993-2002/93-02-CamaroFirebird-T-top-Box.html

4SPEED

• NFTAC Member
  • Ohio Firebird Member
  • Firebird or Trans Am informaton: '79 white Trans Am
Re: New to the Club. Happy to be part of
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 08:15:19 AM »
welcome.  and I take it you have a 4th gen t/a / firebird?  what year?  pics?

wolfix09

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »
yes its an 02. got any pointers? and nice meeten ya too

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog