NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Injectors  (Read 3809 times)

rusty69

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
Injectors
« on: December 29, 2006, 12:03:28 AM »
Hi All, My name is Russell and I live in Perth Western Austraila, I have a 1982 Trans Am that i'm currently woring on. I have come to a bit of a problem that i can't seem to work out so i'm hoping that someone out there can put me on the right track. What it is the car has a Crossfire injetion system (TBI) i have fuel gettinh to the injectors but nothing coming out so my qustion is are the injestors no good and whats the best way to repair the keeping in mind we don't have such a injection system on the cars over here. If the injectors are gone where can i buy some new or recon ones from, i'd like to keep the current system if i can with out going to the carb option. Any help anyone may offer would be great.

All the best for the New Year
Regards
Russell
rusty69@mail.com

february2007

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Re: Injectors
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 03:07:51 AM »
Hi, Russell
If you have a TBI Injection system on that '82 the best solution I can suggest to you to make a long story short, is that you should purchase a GM shop service manual from Helm Inc. USA / for your make and model 1982  // at www.helminc.com. and/or( Look for a Helm international web site ) to convert your money into U.S. currency! etc. //Their are also after market TBI / CFI service manual's along with other service manuals from Haynes (USA)
In the shop service manual'-s it will give you a listing of Tools, Diagnostic Charts and testing equipment that you will need to perform the necessary repairs on your TBI Injection system along with other repairers you may need to make in the future.
The very basic preliminary repair inspection procedures to follow are:
1.  Check ECM  / to see what trouble codes are being stored if any.
2.  Check for any visible damage. / damaged electrical components, frayed wires, loose connections, poor quality grounding circuit and the TBI injection fuse etc.

from Justin :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:50:25 PM by T/A JLK »

rusty69

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:11:14 AM »
Hi Justin,
Cheers for the info mate very helpful. Ihave all the manuals and the dealer service manual also but I still find it very hard in Australia to get any kind off reply back from US based web sites. I have had all the electrics done on the car and they are all fine, I would say its the injectors them selfs are no good and are in need of replacement.But i will look on the web site you have suggested and see what i can come up with.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you i have only just got back from my holidays.

Regards
Russell

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 02:44:02 AM »
Russell
Hi their just thought I'd stop an drop you a line to see how doing in regards to your difficulty in purchasing replacement parts for your Firebird // Though I probably should have mentioned it sooner but there is one thing I would like to suggest if I may and that is; try going too your public library and ask a reliable librarian (one who has been working there for awhile) to see if He or She has any reference material in regards to web extensions for foreign countries // and if there is any certain international web restrictions if any in your country, also try your local auto parts store // an on the box of  any replacement auto part see if there is a web address stamped on the box
Holley
Edelbrock
Accel
NOS
 Hope this can be of some help
                                                         Justin  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:27:17 PM by T/A JLK »
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 02:44:02 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog