NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 5583 times)

Todd Stahr

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Ideas
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:52:31 PM »
Sections you could consider..

one thing that would work is a forum for 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen and 4th gen.

Engine related for each, Pontiac, Chevy; big and small block, then LT1 and LS1 also V6/I6 and V8 for a general Q/A.

Transmission. Auto, manual, Electronic/overdrive

Restoration.  Things like Date codes, colors, vin and cowl tag info etc.

Body work. how where why and the dust created by each.

Suspension. Have the gens in there too, because all are different to an extent.

Electrical.

Just some ideas and thanks for the mod status. I have some friends who run a website for F bodys, its a local BS type site, but one is a close friend so I may be able to help with website issues as well. Its not like I dont have the time.. especially in winter.
Performance and general repair tech. Traditional Pontiac V8 is my specialty, as well as automatic transmission repair/diagonossis. 2nd gen speciality, and with the addition of the 98 Formula 4th gen LS1 I am getting to know them real well. Holley and Qjet advice as well.

Chalk mark restoration and date codes arent my thing. W.O.T. is my thing..

Is it strange to have 9 firebirds?

Todd Stahr

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:26:39 PM »
Was thinkin last night, how about two sections. One for paid members and an open forum that anyone can use? It would get more traffic to the site and club, and still have exclusivity for members.

Such as a general category in the open forum with basic stuff, and a more specialized area in the members section.

Do you have the bandwidth to post pics on the forum, or do they need to be linked to it from another site? Part of the members section could be a gallery where they can put pics of thier rides and things of that nature.

Also will be doing an intake swap on the 72 455 HO Formula, might make for an interesting article.. Rear end swap as well, goin from 3.70 to either a 2.41 or 3.42, thinkin 2.41 for mileage issues. It will still move real well...

I know what you mean about scarin people off.. It wasnt real busy before, but it sure could be now.. This is a pretty good format, easy to read and navigate. It could become a monster..lol..

Just some thoughts..
Performance and general repair tech. Traditional Pontiac V8 is my specialty, as well as automatic transmission repair/diagonossis. 2nd gen speciality, and with the addition of the 98 Formula 4th gen LS1 I am getting to know them real well. Holley and Qjet advice as well.

Chalk mark restoration and date codes arent my thing. W.O.T. is my thing..

Is it strange to have 9 firebirds?

ws6togo

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
  • 2000 WS6 Trans Am
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 11:48:22 PM »
Here are a couple of sites that you can use to help organize the threads:

www.ls1tech.com
www.mofbody.com
www.camaroclubkc.com
'00 Pewter TA WS6 11.78@115.34 1.63 60'
PERFORMANCE: LS6 intake, BG Ram Air, Lid, K&N, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK's, 160*, LS6 heads, Comps 918's/pushrods/ 224/230 .581/.588 114, ported LS6 pump, Rollmaster chain, Dynatech LT's
SUSPENSION: BMR STB/SFC/PHR  UMI LCA's
DRIVETRAIN: rebuilt 4L60E, Yank PT4200, Hayden Trans Cooler, 3.73's, TA girdle
TUNING: EFILive
** 455 HP **
Still needs a tune

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 11:48:22 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog