NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: For all of us Firebird & T/A owners & Club Members// CD Rom request to Helm Inc.  (Read 3472 times)

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
To www.helminc.com
Dear Helm,
I'm a proud owner of a somewhat vintage 1985 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am; and I belong to the National Firebird and T / A Club
an I was wondering if some time in the future that you might consider making a CD Rom disk entailing all the Firebird & Trans Am's from 1967 to 2002 shop service manual on a CD Rom disk, similar to the new CD Rom you have for all the G.M. cars and trucks etc. I'm sure if such consideration could be possible there would be people that would be interested in its purchase!
GM shop service manual's give such great detail of repair procedures & options ect.. / unfortunately in their presence book form over a chorus of time shop service manuals in their book form can become damaged an irreplaceable and good valuable information can be lost.

Yours Truly
                                                                                                  Justin. xxxxxx
                                                                                                  T/A JLK
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 10:57:00 PM by T/A JLK »
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

78tahitman

• Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
Justin,

Helm really does not have control over what they can and can't make on CD-Rom.  I have the shop manuals from 1967 to 1981 on CD and carry GM licensing for them, but GM will not let me make any others yet.  I think I can start making 1982 and 1983, but so far they will not release the licensing for any others.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

T/A JLK

Brett,
Thanks for your input /(response); Has anyone been putting the bite on G.M. recently or from time to time on this CD-Rom / i.e licensing or leasing issue?

Thanks again for response
                                                                                          Justin.
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog