NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Toad's 2000 TA  (Read 4129 times)

Toad

• "140 is fast enough for now."
  • Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
  • Self Portrait
Toad's 2000 TA
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:10:34 PM »
Hey all.  Bought this last year in Washington State.  Moved to MI after driving down the west coast to LA, up to Pahrump  ;D , through Vegas, Denver, KC and Chicago.  Put 2,000 miles on in addition to the 146,000 already on it.  Ran like a dream.  Hit 140 out of Oakland chasing a 911 before I backed her off.  WAY COOL!  It's my everyday car so it's taking abuse.  Maybe someday I can afford another one to just show off with.  =)  Anyway, here she is.  (No, the De Lorean isn't mine, sigh.)

"Drive fast and drive hard because life is slow and life is limp." -Jay Wickre  

4SPEED

• NFTAC Member
  • Ohio Firebird Member
  • Firebird or Trans Am informaton: '79 white Trans Am
Re: Toad's 2000 TA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:58 PM »
sweet ride.  same color as mine?  I also have a 98 Formula

Toad

• "140 is fast enough for now."
  • Self Portrait
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
That's a nice looking machine!  It appears to be in much better shape than mine.   :-[  So is that navy blue an original color on the car?  This is my very 1st muscle'ish car of any sort but I'm really getting into it.  As you can see, I'm a TA noob but learning.  :)  Have you had trouble with the flips yet?  Mine worked but they always opened and closed when I locked or unlocked the car with the key fob and then a very loud motor ran for about 10 seconds.  Really weird!  I had the right motor replaced and it works fine, along with the front blinks that had cracked casings and got water damage.  Otherwise, it's beautiful!!  I never knew what fun I was missing.  Thanks for the club and the feedback.  Take care.

Jay

PS. I just saw your links for the headlights issue.  It was EXACTLY what mine were doing.  I think I could have done that one myself even with my four thumbs! 

PPS. Another couple of pics.  I enjoy taking pics of my TA with other nice cars (can you tell?)  :D

"Drive fast and drive hard because life is slow and life is limp." -Jay Wickre  

4SPEED

• NFTAC Member
  • Ohio Firebird Member
  • Firebird or Trans Am informaton: '79 white Trans Am
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:08:10 AM »
its not the motor going bad , its the gear.   when they start to go bad the lights and alarm system go's nuts.   

dont buy the plastic GM gear (junk) and you'll have the same problem in a year or two.  your GM dealer will charge you some BIG money to just replace the hole drive. when you can do both sides your self for about 100.00   using a brass or aluminum gear in the unit. 

a even cheaper way is to just take your old gear out and flip it over and put it back in.  only half the gear is used. so the other half is still new.  but it just a temp fix. 

here is a link for the fix. 

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:08:10 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog