NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: LS1 PCM TUNING??  (Read 3481 times)

HAHNSBIRD

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
LS1 PCM TUNING??
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
My car is not flashing any trouble codes but now the tuning is not right. The previous owner or shop that did a custom tune on it did not know what they were doing. My shift points are all out of whack and I believe the fuel mixture is a little rich and my speedo is off at all speeds.

Where or who are the best tuners? Can I get it reflashed locally at a dealership, or shop even though it already has a custom tune on it or do I have to get a new PCM and then flash it?

I work for O’Reillys and we do not have the equipment right now, but I know all the local shops well. Does anybody know the best way to go about this? I have heard horror stories about dealers reflashing. What should I do other than sending off the PCM to someone and not knowing exactly what they did? In my opinion I would like for it to get flashed back to stock and use my programmer to make subtle changes and be able to do what I please and know what I did and have the option to change anything in the future.

Alex
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by firebirdclub »

ThunderChicken

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Member
  • It's a sickness...
    • Firebird Fest of the Carolinas
Re: LS1 PCM TUNING??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »
Send it to Texas Speed. Mail-order tuning for $225, with free tweaks for a year if it isn't right. They did the tune on my '98 LS1 build and it's PERFECT.
Bethany Orr
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by firebirdclub »
Bethany
1988 Flame Red GTA, 305 TPI--Bone stock heart, Flowmaster exhaust, Wonderbar coming soon!
1995 Medium Teal Blue Metallic V6 Firebird

Stock(ish) 1983 Black and Gold T/A, Edelbrock 600 Carb, Performer 2101 Intake-SOLD

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: LS1 PCM TUNING??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog