NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Build Sheets  (Read 5924 times)

slvrstaln

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
Build Sheets
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the build sheet for my 1979 Trans Am? I purchased this car for $200.00 after I returned from Iraq I have done some work to it but I would like to rebuild it as close to factory specs as possible. This TA was assembled in Van Nyes CA and was the 1900th to roll off the line that is all I can pull from the VIN. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

78tahitman

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
  • Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
Re: Build Sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:43:14 PM »
Sorry to tell you this, but the Build Sheet is a one of a kind item.  The only build sheet made for your car was left in your car during assembly.  Well, there was actually two of them left in your car.  One on the interior usually behind the rear seats or under the front seat, and the second one on top of the gas tank.  If you do not find your build sheet with the car, then it is gone, there is no copies of it (not even at GM).  You can order paperwork from PHS (Pontiac Historical Services) which is about $35.00 for the packet.  It has alot of good information in it, but one of the items is a copy of the original dealer invoice of your car.  It does list most of the major options that came with your car, but does not come close to the complete list like a Build Sheet does.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

slvrstaln

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
Re: 348
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 02:15:54 PM »
Thank you Hitman when I get back to Ohio I will check those locations and order that information. The majority of the car is original so I am hoping that it is there still. It still has the original 403 engine that I just had upgraded and rebuilt for about $2500. Thanks again.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: 348
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 02:15:54 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog