NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Engine Replacement  (Read 2897 times)

november2015

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Engine Replacement
« on: December 05, 2015, 01:48:50 PM »
I hope someone can help me. I'm looking for a engine to put in my 80 bird and I came across a guy that says he's got a 75 455 SD Y3 block with 6H heads. He says it came from a Bonneville. I have been doing so much reading that I am totally confused. Is this engine combination correct.?
Jonathna Orgeron

firebirdclub

• National Firebird and Trans Am Club
  • Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
Re: Engine Replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 01:49:29 PM »
Google Pontiac Castings. There are several websites that have block and head castings. Wallace Racing is one that comes to mind. Pontiac Power is another. There are discrepancies in these sites, but they are a good source of information. I am buying a '67 400 after months of research and looking at engines for sale. Spent many hours on these sites.

Bill Humphrey
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: Engine Replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 01:49:29 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog