NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Headliner drooping  (Read 1558 times)

february2016

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Headliner drooping
« on: March 08, 2016, 08:47:06 PM »
I am looking for some advice from folks. I have an '86 Trans Am which is all original other than the tires and a relay. So the question is when she comes out of storage I will need to address the headliner that is unfortunately starting to droop.

Itís just the fabric that is drooping and due to riding around without the T-Tops on so the fabric stretched in the traditional places. How does having a new headliner in her affect the originality in your eyes? Can I use the same materials and just reattach it? The board is in great shape. Iíve updated headliners before but am looking for your impression on the originality. The car only has 9,800 miles and car is unrestored. It has been featured in the publication before. Thanks for letting me know your opinion.

Rocco Castellano

firebirdclub

• National Firebird and Trans Am Club
  • Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
Re: Headliner drooping
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »
I would bring the car to a person who does interiors and they can spray it up again. As long as there is no dust or Shading material.  I had to replace mine on my '84 Trans Am. Looks good and holding up well.

Sebastian Correlli
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog