NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Seal T-Tops  (Read 39 times)

august2019

• A Firebird & Trans Am Club Member
Seal T-Tops
« on: August 11, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »
Is there a simple way to use clear or black silicone to seal my t-tops, between the glass and the body until I can get it to the shop to get the leaks fixed?

I have brand new weather-stripping installed but leaking like rivers on both outside rear corners. I want to avoid getting my interior ruined between now and getting it to body shop.
Ron Harmon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by firebirdclub »

firebirdclub

• National Firebird and Trans Am Club
  • Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
Re: Seal T-Tops
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 01:00:37 PM »
Back in the day people used to inject stuff INTO the hollow interior of the molding. Linseed oil will puff them up a little. Walmart sells a RV rubber reconditioner.

I think 85% of them leak.I use a sheet of plastic when mine is parked outside to keep water out of the car.

Frank Cee
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog