NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Proper Interior Cleaning and Restoration  (Read 3437 times)

01redfirebird

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
Proper Interior Cleaning and Restoration
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:09:50 AM »
I recently purchased a 2001 Pontiac Firebird. The car is in excellent condition for the most part, however there are some interior issues I would like to address. For one thing, the foam or inserts in the door handle are faded and degredated and look bad. Can these be replaced? Also the fuse panel on the driver side is loose, held with velcro, can that panel be replaced or is it designed to be held with velcro? I also have a loose center console door, the latch won't lock properly. And finally, I want to keep the interior cleaned, but I don't like Armour All because once you apply it you have to stay with it. Is there a cleaner you can buy that will keep it clean, but doesn't need to be applied every other day. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: Proper Interior Cleaning and Restoration
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:17:16 AM »
HI:
So you have the old Interior restoration blues!

To spread a little sunshine on that cloudy day; // for your interior restoration needs you can try one of the following: Classic Industries at www.classicindustries.com // Year One at www.yearone.com or your local G.M. Pontiac Dealer NOTE: if you go to the Dealer you will need your cars (VIN: Number) to aide the Parts Department on locating your replacement parts that you need; and far as a cleaner is concerned you wonít be able to keep the interior clean forever regardless what cleaner you use, but if you donít like Armorall you mite want to try a non-silicone or petroleum based product like {303-Protectant } purchased from Year-One.

Hope This Can Be Of Some Help.  ;D

Justin K.     
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: Proper Interior Cleaning and Restoration
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:17:16 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog