NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Front End Suspension  (Read 413 times)

november2020

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Front End Suspension
« on: November 02, 2020, 10:28:28 PM »
My 1971 Firebird has a front end that is feeling rather squishy and soft. Any recommendations on how to make it stiffer and not give up handling.

It feels like the springs are too soft ... or that I am driving a huge Chrysler Imperial. Speed bumps in parking lots cause way too much front end travel.

Ed Smith

firebirdclub

• National Firebird and Trans Am Club
  • Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
Re: Front End Suspension
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »
I would start off looking at something as easy as a new pair of shocks. From there move to the springs. After that look at the A-frame bushings. I just replaced everything on the front end of my car.
None of these parts are that expensive, the labor is what gets you. I taught my 21 year old son how to do it all.

Randall Reeves
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: Front End Suspension
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog