NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: '82 Trans Am  (Read 2531 times)

insomnia

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
'82 Trans Am
« on: April 14, 2007, 04:52:37 PM »
I have a '82 black and tan trans am with t-tops and a 305.   A little rust on the rear quarter panels otherwise nice body.  Interior is ripped on the seats, but good carpet, headliner torn.  Engine siezed up but it ran good before that.  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what it might be worth and where I should try selling it. I'm in Michigan.  I would love to fix it up but do not have the time or money, plus pressure from the wife to sell it.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: '82 Trans Am
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »
HI: Craig
It is your decision only you can decide //

You are caught between a rock and a hard place on that one; it all boils down to the cold hard cash “THE MONEY” as far as restorations are concerned an based on what you described in your e-message it will cost you about $500.00 on up just for the replacement of the Engine (see engine price below **) and of course the condition of engine plays a big role on the over-all sale of the car in my opinion and as far as the interior & Body is concerned it can cost a pretty buck as well.
As far as to selling the car you can put the car up for sale hear in the NFTAC Message Board // along with pictures of the T/A, or you can try your local news paper in your area.
As far as the value of T/A; based on what you described you are basely looking at a Low Retail Price minus the price for a replacement Engine..   

Original MSRP: $9,658 // When New

Base Price               Low Retail               Average Retail Value             High Retail

$2,850                            $4,950                        $5,925

Options         
305 V8 Engine                 10%                              10%                          10%

Air Conditioning               10%                              10%                          10%

T-Top Roof                        5%                                5%                            5%

Trans Am Recaro Package * 5%                                5%                            5%

TOTAL PRICE                $3,563                            $6,188                       $7,406

TOTAL PRICE*               $3,705                                 $6,435                       $7,703

TOTAL PRICE**Engine-   $500 (SH)                    (SH)-$1,000                  $ New Engine

TOTAL PRICE ***For Installation around $2,000.00

(SH = Second Hand Engine)

( ** = Subtract The amount  for a replacement Engine)

(***= Subtract The amount for the Installation Cost)

Hope This Is Of Some Help  :)

Justin K.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:50:33 PM by T/A JLK »
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: '82 Trans Am
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog