NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Key Fobs  (Read 320 times)

february2021

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Key Fobs
« on: February 02, 2021, 04:12:18 PM »
I bought a 1996 Trans Am a few years ago that did not come with any key fobs. The serial # tells me the car has a keyless entry system. I have bought an aftermarket and OEM key fobs and have gone thru the steps to program them. These steps are easy to follow but the end sequences where the doors are suppose to lock and unlock are not happening. Therefore the key fobs are not matched to the car properly. The car also has a factory security system. Does anybody have any ideas why these key fobs won’t program to the car ?  Every step works but the final steps fail to lock/unlock the doors. This has been kind of frustrating to me but I’m bound to figure this out some how some way!

Dave Britten

firebirdclub

• National Firebird and Trans Am Club
  • Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
Re: Key Fobs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »
Even if they look right the chips are different for different cars. Make sure they are OEM. “Most cars” can only handle so many connections. Find out how to reset that number for your car.

Jordan Brown
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: Key Fobs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog