NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Doors Lock Switch Issue  (Read 300 times)

february2021

• A Firebird & Trans Am Club Member
Doors Lock Switch Issue
« on: February 21, 2021, 09:04:37 PM »
Hi,  New to the club,  just joined,  have a 84 Trans Am.  I am having an issue with the door locks.  The door lock switches do not work.  I have replaced the switches,  the switch connectors and wires,  and the door lock actuators (and checked the fuses that I thought may control the locks).  The door lock switches have 3 wires...a black/Blue/Orange.  In troubleshooting,  I have found if I cut the wires going to the lock switch and place the black one to ground,  and hit the Orange and Blue (bare wires) together,  the door lock actuator will LOCK the doors.   But I cant swap the wiring around to make it unlock?  When I connect everything back up,  the switches do not work.  I replaced what I said above on both Driver and Pass.  So I am thinking there is some kind of controller somewhere else in the car i am missing?  Please help.

firebirdclub

• National Firebird and Trans Am Club
  • Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
Re: Doors Lock Switch Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:18:57 AM »
Look between the drivers door and the body at wire harness pass they for a broken wire.

No name given.  The february2021 id is used by all the club members.

Michael Liberman
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by firebirdclub »
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

firebirdclub

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 10:19:44 AM »
IMPORTANT NOTE:
The actuator device MUST be absolutely level [horizontally] in order to operate.

You did not provide your name.  Your id is used by hundreds of other NFTAC club members.

Kevin Brusnahan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by firebirdclub »
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 10:19:44 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog