NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: '82 Trans Am  (Read 3256 times)

tricky1

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
'82 Trans Am
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:44:56 AM »
I recently purchased an '82 Trans Am for $1400 and my son and I are currently swapping the engine out.  It had a 305 that may or may not have run and wasn't the original engine.  It didn't have a starter or water pump and the oil pan, timing chain cover and transmission only had a couple of bolts holding them on so we're replacing it with the 350 that was in a 78 Camaro I bought back in December.  The 350 ran well before we pulled it and should work out pretty good.  I'm just hoping the aftermarket torque arm mount will hold up to the abuse were going to be putting it through at the local race track.  Once it's together I'm going to save some money and put a one piece torque arm/tranny mount and a 390 or 410 gear in it.   Then some aluminum heads and a 480 or so lift cam.   I can't seem to upload any pictures.  If someone would be kind enough to PM me with a little help I would appreciate it very much.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:34:08 PM by tricky1 »

firebirdclub

• National Firebird and Trans Am Club
  • Firebird & Trans Am Club Administrator
Re: '82 Firebird
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »
You need to be an NFTAC club member to download photos to the Photo Gallery or the Message Board photo section.

Frank

National Firebird & T/A Club (NFTAC)                                         

North America's oldest and largest club for all year Firebirds including the Trans Am, GTA, Formula and Firehawk.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service, body and parts sources, registration of your Firebird and Trans Am, a tradition of service, message boards and FREE member classified ads that appear in the EAGLE magazine and on our website.

Membership is $35 for 1 year, $65 for 2 years or $95 for 3 years with a free t-shirt ($45 for 1 year, $85 for 2 years or $125 for 3 years with a free t-shirt outside the USA in US funds only).

eMembership (no member materials sent via regular mail) is $20 per year and offers the eEagle and access to the "Members Only" section of the website.

We accept check, money order or Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can join online at our web site.

National Firebird & T/A Club                                   
P. O. Box 11238                                               
Chicago, IL 60611
Ph.: (773) 769-6262
FAX: (773) 769-3240                                       
E-mail: info@firebirdtaclub.com
Web Site:  firebirdtaclub.com or firebirdclub.net
http://www.firebirdtaclub.com or www.firebirdclub.net
National Firebird and Trans Am Club
email: info@firebirdtaclub.com
phone/text: 773-769-7166

North America's oldest and largest club for all Firebirds and Trans Ams including GTAs and Firehawks.  Established in 1984 and offers color magazines (EAGLE), emagazines, technical advice, free member classifieds, member repair shop recommendations and much more!

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: '82 Firebird
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog