NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Value of my 1982 Pontiac Tans Am?  (Read 5459 times)

mthac

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Value of my 1982 Pontiac Tans Am?
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »
I am the original owner of a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am.  I bought it off the lot.  It is completely stock.  Even has the original recalled bowling ball hubcaps (you don't see them with these any longer because they had a tendancy to fall off!).  I've maintained it and kept the records.  It has been garaged.  I didn't drive it often - it has only about 45,000 miles on it.  It would be considered in very good or excellant condition.  It has the 305 4 bbl engine with electric windows, mirrors, locks, etc.  I is hard for me to believe this, but I am considering selling it.  Can anyone give me an idea/range of its value?  Thanks. 

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: Value of my 1982 Pontiac Tans Am?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 08:10:08 PM »
HI:
Hear is the price range ballpark figures of the potential value of your 1982 Pontiac Trans Am, please see bellow:

Original MSRP: $9,658 / When New
                                   Low Retail     Average Retail Value     High Retail
Base Price         
                                         $2,925                $5,050                  $6,050
Options         

305 V8 Engine                    10%                    10%                      10%

Air Conditioning                  10%                    10%                       10%

Trans Am Recaro Package **5%                  **5%                      **5%

TOTAL PRICE                   $3,510                 $6,060                    $7,260

TOTAL PRICE**               $3,656                 $6,313                    $7,563

Low Retail = / If the car is a (Bow-Wow) Body is in somewhat poor to real poor condition (Body Rust), Interior in real poor condition, or a lot of mechanical repairs needed, major mechanical repairs needed etc.

Average Retail = / If the car is in real good condition- Body, Interior in fair to good condition, only minor mechanical repair if needed etc, itís Average mileage for itís age, Average price to pay at retail, Average price to pay at retail after any and/or all major and / or minor repairs made, Mechanical, Body, Interior, Paint re-stored, New Tires etc.

High Retail = / If the car is in real good condition to excellent condition, Or the car has been fully restored to a like new condition, original low mileage Real Good documentation- original sales slip, History Documentation of the car, - was the car owned by a celebrity, or was it in a move etc. / Also it is the suggested Insured Value of the Car etc.

Also please note that your car will still; go up in value as extra years pass.

Hope This Helps   :)

Justin K.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:14:40 PM by T/A JLK »
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: Value of my 1982 Pontiac Tans Am?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 08:10:08 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog