NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: I want to put new rims & tires on the car. Any recommendations?  (Read 5821 times)

mnfirebirdgirl

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
I have a 2001 Trans Am Firebird convertible fire engine red. I want to put new rims on it to customize it out.  Any suggestions?  I can't find anything real sharp.  Someone told me to do black rims with Chrome accents. Any ideas?

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: I want to put new rims & tires on the car. Any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 01:41:56 PM »
HI:

“RIM IT UP”

It is really up to you only you can decide what Rims will look good on your ride / In my opinion the stock Rims are the best because that are the GM. Original rims that came with the car, they will in time; maintain the cars value as the car gets older / however if you want to change the Rims try Year-One for starters.

At: www.yearone.com or

Classic Industries At: www.classicindustries.com

You may also want to consider optional GM. Rims for the Firebird // Trans-Am /
GM. Will often have different stile Rims to choose from for the Firebird / Trans-AM     

Hope This Helps  ;D

Justin K.
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

maggotpez

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:39:25 PM »
I bought mine with Moda rims but I notice a big difference between mine (97) and a friends (93).  My tires are thinner so I feel alot of bumps and shakes from the road.  Just somthing to keep in mind  ;) .

b1er

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:29:19 AM »
There are a ton of wheels out for your car.....it just depends on what you like on there....I run 18" AZA Z2's on my 99 and 15" centerline warriors for the track...the 01 has 17" chrome ZO6's....here's a place that has a bunch of pictures of different setups :http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
99 TA
01 TA WS6 vert

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:29:19 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog