NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Which 1977-1981 T/A to get?  (Read 4140 times)

skot24

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Which 1977-1981 T/A to get?
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:23:02 PM »
I am thinking of getting a T/A in the 1977-1981 genre...my uncle had one and i am now of the age i can afford it. I was wondering what would be the best one and what book or web resources i should use to research. The bandit black t-top is my favorite but i would like to understand better what was available in each year etc, for options/engine etc. Any help would be appreciated. Scott
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:35:19 PM by firebirdclub »
1979 Trans Am

78tahitman

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
  • Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
Re: Which 1977-1981 T/A to get?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 07:41:45 PM »
You have really opened up a can of worms with that question.... I could go on and on for hours about what to look for between those years and which are better options to look for and what to stay away from.  But the bottom line of this is go for the car that you want to have.  Find out which car and year you like (going by the front end more or less) and then work from there.  You can check out the production numbers of the car here: http://www.78ta.com/production.htm and see what cars were produced in lower numbers and that should help a little in the process on what cars to look for.  Another simple answer is look for the Special Edition or Anniversay cars... they always bring more money.  Not only do they bring more money in the end, but they also cost a little bit more to restore.  You can also check out the rest of my website at www.78ta.com and search around there.  I have alot of information and numbers and some info pages to help with knowing what is on a Trans Am and what is not.  Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

skot24

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Re: Which 1977-1981 T/A to get?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 12:53:43 PM »