NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: 1987 TA help  (Read 4379 times)

Dboucher

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
1987 TA help
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:41:10 PM »
Hello as all of you can see I'm new on the board and I'm looking for your advice.

I recently found a dark blue 87 TA. It  has a 350 and about 97K miles. The dash was swapped out for a American one so that could effect the mileage reading, I think. Current owner had it garaged and stored during the winter so it's not in pretty good shape, just a few issues with the body.

surface rust on passenger side rear fender (about 5 inchs along fender)
Paint bubbling on driver side rear fender  (1-2 inch)
Rust on bottom driver side door (7-10inch)
Small dent on rear quarter panel
Large paint crack on the spoiler

Thats all I could notice looking at it at the time, other then that the interior looked pretty good, just dirty. Engine sounded pretty good, had the exhaust redone just 2 years ago too. He is asking price is $5500 CND but negotiable. Anyhow I would appreciate your opinions on this. Also if you know of any problems with this year or any info that I would need to know I would appreiciate it. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:54:20 PM by firebirdclub »

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: 1987 TA help
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:34:06 PM »
HI:

For the value of a 1987 Pontiac please see bellow:

Trans AM
Original MSRP: $13,259/ When New

Low Retail                  Average Retail              High Retail    

TOTAL PRICE   $2,775                          $5,375                         $6,550

Trans AM GTA
Original MSRP: $14,104 / When New

Low Retail                     Average Retail                  High Retail

TOTAL PRICE   $2,775                          $5,575                         $6,850

Note: Price is in US. /  Dollars.

Low Retail = / If the car is a (Bow-Wow) Body is in somewhat poor to real poor condition (Body Rust), Interior in real poor condition, or a lot of mechanical repairs needed, major mechanical repairs needed etc.

Average Retail = / If the car is in real good condition- Body, Interior in fair to good condition, only minor mechanical repair if needed etc, itís Average mileage for itís age, Average price to pay at retail, Average price to pay at retail after any and/or all major and / or minor repairs made, Mechanical, Body, Interior, Paint re-stored, New Tires etc.

High Retail = / If the car is in real good condition to excellent condition, Or the car has been fully restored to a like new condition, original low mileage Real Good documentation- original sales slip, History Documentation of the car, - was the car owned by a celebrity, or was it in a move etc. / Also it is the suggested Insured Value of the Car etc.

Hope This Helps  ;D

Justin K.
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

Dboucher

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 01:19:41 PM »
I have to admite I didn't research it but what would be the difference between a normal TA and a GTA?

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »
 In its very basic form nothing a Firebird is a Firebird the only difference is that when you pay bigger bucks for basically the same car you are generally paying for better performance options, Engine, Suspension, Sound System, Brake System, Fancy Rims, Special options etc. etc. / And of course the sales hipe, Limited Additions, Special Additions, Custom Additions, Anniversary Additions etc. etc., and; to of course the catchy Name, SE, LE, Formula, Formula 350, Trans AM and GTA

Justin K.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 11:28:47 AM by T/A JLK »
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog