NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog

Join or renew for 3 years and receive a free t-shirt
or tech sections on USB flash drive /emailed/CD or past Eagle issues on USB flash drive/emailed/CD
see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

EGR CODES

Started by KAKES, June 09, 2007, 08:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKES

I HAVE A 99 PONTIAC FIREBIRD AND I HAVE AN ERG LOW FLOW CODE. I HAVE REPLACED THE EGR VALVE AND THE CODE CAME BACK...ANY BODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTION ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT?
P.S.
THE CAR DOESN'T RUN BAD AT ALL EVEN THOUGH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON...

T/A JLK

HI:KAKES

Yes in addition to making the repair you have to erase the trouble Codes that is stored in your cars OBD II computer ( ECM ) Electronic Control Module with either a Tech II Diagnostic computer or Auto Scanner and if the code comes back the first step is to check the circuit; wiring for shorts, Loose Connections etc. an also check the EGR for proper sealing and for vacuum leaks in the area / and re-check the ECM for any additional Trouble Codes

Hope This Helps

Justin K.
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

TunerTools

One follow up:  Clearing the code does not require specifically the Tech II Diagnostic computer or Auto Scanner as this can be done with just about any functional OBD-II Scan Tool, including some that are much less expensive than the Tech II

Links below to several under $150 and some less than $100

OBDpro Scan Tool Kits

ElmScan 5 Scan Tool Kits and accessories

ScanGauge II - 3 in 1 Engine Computer, Scan Tool & Digital Gauges

Cheers,
Lloyd
www.TunerTools.com

b1er

was the code cleared during the fix?.....if not it could take a few readiness (start) cycles to clear....

or you could find someone with a tuning program to turn the codes off and dump the whole system....
99 TA
01 TA WS6 vert

back to NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog