NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: 1969 Pontiac Firebird - need power steering pump HELP!!!  (Read 2983 times)

firebird ed

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
1969 Pontiac Firebird - need power steering pump HELP!!!
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:43:38 PM »
I am looking for a power steering pump for a 1969 Pontiac Firebird 350.  I had taken it out of my bro's 69 Firebird to put into my own 68 Bird.  My bro is now looking to restore his 69 and I need to replace it.  Would anyone know where to locate one and what I need- sorry I am not too knowledgeable about this as I have been out of car for more than 15 years.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!1

Have a good one...

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: 1969 Pontiac Firebird - need power steering pump HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »
Hi;

“The 1969 Power Steering Pump”

For your parts replacement needs try the following:
Classic Industries at:
www.classicindustries.com 

Hope This Helps  ;D

Justin L. Kwarta
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

firebird ed

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »
Thanks for the help!!! This site looks like it has what I need.  One question for those more "gearheaded" than me- The guy that was building my engine in my 68 took out the power steering pump- Is that all I would need to replace?  Again, my apologies for the little information I have- been about 15 years and the car is in a different location than I am in now....

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:40:44 PM »
HI
 In addition to the pump you will have to make a full inspection of the car to see what else it may need etc.  ( Over all condition that is )

Justin K. 
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:40:44 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog