NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: !997 California Speedway Trans Am  (Read 2516 times)

artpatrol

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
!997 California Speedway Trans Am
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:08:51 AM »
I just bought one of the 20 California Speedway edition Trans Ams from a guy in Fontana. Does anyone here know about these cars? How collectible are they? I heard they were driven by the racers. Is there a way to find out who drove my car (maybe by vin number)? Thanks for any info! If anyone is interested in buying one, I saw one on Ebay at a starting bid of $2000.

T/A JLK

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
Re: !997 California Speedway Trans Am
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »
HI;

Iím personally not a special collecting carís buff, nor a professional at it, however for conversational purposes; generally as a rule you should be a little leery when purchasing any type of automobile when you're been given a fancy sales pitch especially when you don't receive any documentation or documentation that you can check for authenticity; generally as a rule of thumb when a car is being sold as a collector's item there is generally a lot of documentation// but of course if it has a lot of documentation you would probably see it on the Bearett Jackson auction block and generally as a rule it will cost you Mega-bucks to buy // if you were buying a racecar that was driven by a well-known professional race driver for example, there will be a lot of documentation pictures etc. etc., and they would probably go as far as having the driver's name written on the instrument panel..

As far as the carís  Vin. Number is concerned No Vehicle identification numbers don't keep track of who drives the car or who drove the car, Vehicle Identification Numbers specify in short who made the car etc., make, year, model, some options etc., if it is a two Door or four Door etc. etc. etc. and the manufacturers plant sequence number Ė (Example: It was the 100th. Car made ) the sequence number is also used at times to keep track of all the miscellaneous changes and/or revisions they made during the course of production on the production line.

You can also try the Pontiac Historical Society for starters, if you want to start making some documentation for your own records // For car shows, club sponsored car shows and car exhibitions etc.

I Hope you have good luck, and real good news on your research.

HaahÖ
                                              Hope This Helps  :)

Justin L. Kwarta
I am a NFTAC, Member and I was at one time an auto mechanic working for a local GM dealer here in my home town back in the mid-to late '80's now  I currently enjoy working on my own Pontiac's especially on my '85 T/A // making maintenance repairs, repairs, modifications and performance modifications I also enjoy meeting and /or talking to other Firebird & T/A owners an get into technical debates;hopefully just as long as the debate's doesn't go into a to heated argument.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: !997 California Speedway Trans Am
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog