NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: outside door handles 1970 TA  (Read 5150 times)

Mike

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
outside door handles 1970 TA
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »
Please help with my restoration!!!

Is the inner part of the outside door handles on a 70 model TA to be painted the color of the car body?? 

thanks, Mike

78tahitman

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
  • Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
Re: outside door handles 1970 TA
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »
I am not quite sure what you are asking, but if you are referring to just the inset around the outside door handle, then Yes, it is painted the same color as the body.

Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

Mike

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 02:38:57 PM »
i think we're on the same page, but i'll rephrase my question just to make sure.  i'm talking about the outside door handle itself, in particular the recessed rectangular section right in the middle.  Most of the pictures i've seen make it appear to be painted the body color, as does your picture, so i presume this is the case?

thanks, Mike 

78tahitman

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
  • Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »
I see what you are saying now.... yes and no.  Yes, it is the same as the body color, but no it is not paint.  It was actually an option on the cars for "Door Handle Tape".  It is more or less a decal that goes in the (pretty much like tape as the name denotes).  The GM RPO code was "D92 - DR HAND TAPE" and it can be found on the build sheet of the car.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

1970-71-79-TransAm-Owner

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Re: outside door handles 1970 TA DO YOU STILL HAVE IT
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:48:17 PM »
Hi
I have TO ASK YOU A QUST INVOLVING YOUR CAR,I ALLSO OWN 2 WHITE TRANS AMs A 1970 & 71 SO I KEEP AN EYE ON AND KEEP UP WITH THEM. HAVE YOU POSTED A FEW PICS OF THIS CAR ONLINE EATHER SELLING IT OR JUST SHOWING THE CAR TO SOMEONE LIKE WE ALL DO.THE REASON IM ASKING IS THAT SOMEONE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET SCAM ME SELLING THIS CAR ,THE PICS WERE IN FRONT OF THE SAME HOUSE,SAME BACKGROUND WHEELS ETC, I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU AT ALL SOMEONE MUST HAVE TAKING THE PICS OFF LINE, THIS SAME THING HAPEND TO THE 1970 ta I BOUGHT,I HAD THE CAR ABOUT 6 MO WHEN THE SELLER HAD A CALL FROM A FREIND OF HIS ASKING WHY HE HAD THE CAR FOR SALE AGAIN .COME TO FIND OUT THERE WAS A LARGE DEP PUT DOWN ON A CAR THAT SOMEONE NEVER GOT.I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW THIS KEEPS HAPENING ..WELL IF ALL WORKED OUT I COULD HAVE HAD YOUR CAR FOR 8100.00 INCLUDING SHIPING.
            LET ME KNOW BRUCE B

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: outside door handles 1970 TA DO YOU STILL HAVE IT
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:48:17 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog