NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: NO HEAT  (Read 4105 times)

robmack

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
NO HEAT
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »
92 pont firebird 305--v8--5.0-- I have no heat when i move the control lever to the hot position on the AC control panel--temp indications are normal--fuses are good--heater core was changed 7 years ago due to a leak(doubt it would be clogged) does any one have any advice?

78tahitman

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
  • Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
Re: NO HEAT
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »
I had the same problem in my 1989 Trans Am.  I had the 350 in mine, but kinda the same problem.  I don't remember the name of the module, but it is on the top passenger side of the engine and controls the flow of the coolant so that it does not flow through when the A/C is on.  That unit got stuck and did not allow the flow to heat the inside of the car.  I can probably find out if I go back and search my books on it if you need it.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

ttopformula89

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »
This part here could very well be your culprit, I found it on the autozone.com website here is the name brand and part #....Ready Aire / Heater Control Valve    Part #  5929 Price $17.99. That may get you back to reality well at least a warmer reality  :P Hope this helped ya!

Ken

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog