NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Factory order-Bastard car  (Read 3682 times)

nimrod69

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
Factory order-Bastard car
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:04:10 PM »
I have a 81 Formula which I ordered from the factory. At the time of the order I ordered a interior/exterior combination that was not a recommended color combination.  According to the dealer the car was kicked off the assembly line because the colors did not match. When I threatened to cancel the order, they built the car. When I took delivery of the car the dealer referred to it as a "bastard" car since it did not follow GM's guidelines for color combinations- My question is , does this make the car any more or less valuable?

78tahitman

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
  • Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
Re: Factory order-Bastard car
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »
I tis hard to say if the car is more vlauable or not.  Pontiac had a hard time keeping track of what engines and transmissions they put in the cars let alone what the color combinations were.  So, there is no way to tell how many of those cars were made with your color combination... maybe yours is the only one, but there is no way to prove anything like that.  As far as what the delaer told you... I have a hard time believing that they would kick it off the line.  What colors do you have outside and inside?
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

nimrod69

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »
The car is charcoal grey outside and Dark blue velour inside. The only "recommended" interior colors were silver and black.  I think the combination looks good though.

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog