NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Oil Presure  (Read 3176 times)

carattini

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Oil Presure
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »
Yesterday was the first time I got into a traffic Jam with my New 1985 T/A as expected in this situation the temp got up to 220 and some time got to 230. what I notice is that the oil pressure drop from 60 that normally is to a range from 40 to 50 in occasions went down to 30 the engine shut down tree times. Because I have a stall problem that I describe in a previous topic I don't know if the shutdown was for the oil pressure or the stall problem. when I stop it went to 40 an when drove go up to 50 I recently change the Oil and filter and I use Castrol Full Sintec 10W30 I understood that when cold the weight is 10 and as the temp increases the weight increases to 30 so at more tem more weight so it should have more pressure not less please correct me if I had this wrong. so if this mean that I have a defective pomp? or I have to use another oil weight. I live in Puerto Rico and the coldest whether in winter is 50 and the hotter in Summer is like 110 but usually is from 75 to 90 please advise what to do?
David Reyes Carattini
Programmer
Car Enthusiast

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Oil Presure
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog