NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Timing Problem  (Read 3261 times)

carattini

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Timing Problem
« on: June 09, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »
Last weekend I check the timing and I got very surprise of what I saw. I clean up the degree marks and the Damper Mark painted the damper mark White when I started the car with my timing light connected to battery and the magnetic pickup to spark #1 and the brown cable from the harness disconnected. I did not see the timing mark within the range of the timing degrees an start looking in other places in the damper and I found the mark but it was very far from the degrees mark to illustrate the degrees mark are like 1:00 of damper and the timing mark was like 12:00 of damper this is very strange for me because I thought that if the timing where of that much the car wouldn’t start at all. Could it be that the engine jump the Timing Change when the Air conditioning belt brake? Please Help this is my daily driver and now I’m Afraid that I might damage the pistons or Valve. The engine do not nock or have mechanical noises it sound grate but the fact that it seems like some pistons are not working but when I drive it goes up to 85MPH no problem.

David Reyes Carattini
Programmer
Car Enthusiast

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Timing Problem
« on: June 09, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog