NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: '88 Digital Odometer problem  (Read 3030 times)

Phildoh

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
'88 Digital Odometer problem
« on: June 12, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »
My 1988 T/A has the digital dash with a central information center (no idea what else to call it) with the odometer, trip, avg speed, and also the control to switch from MPH to KM/H.  I think it over heats because after a few miles it goes out and not only shows no information but the button to switch my speedometer to KM/H doesn't work either (so I don't think it's just a screen issue) and then after I shut off the engine and let it sit and start it back up the LCD screen with the miles comes back on and all the buttons work.  Is there something I can do, is there a cooling fan for this piece, is it a single assembly that needs to be replaced?  I stopped at my local dealer and the parts guy couldn't even find a blow up with this digital dash so I'm stuck in terms of what I may be getting into.

If anyone knows either the problem, or how to go about replacing this, please let me know.  Also feel free to email me at phildoh8@hotmail.com if that works better.

Thanks,
Phil

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

'88 Digital Odometer problem
« on: June 12, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog