NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: Radio, heater a/c and fuel gage problems  (Read 3396 times)

august2008

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Radio, heater a/c and fuel gage problems
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:53:21 AM »
I have a 1986 T/A and do I have problems. The radio sometimes works, the fan motor does not come on, sometimes a buzzer goes off, and the fuel gage does not work. Anyone able to tell me what type of elctrical problems and fix for these conditions. Email K_merrill@bellsouth.net or call 615-477-1073.

Thanks

Biff
Nashville Tn

78tahitman

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
  • Hitman's Trans Am Page
    • Hitman's Pontiac Trans Am Page
Re: Radio, heater a/c and fuel gage problems
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:31:36 AM »
Well, it sounds like you have a miriad of different problems going on there.  The radio could be a loose connection at the back.  Sometimes the plugs come loose or are pinched in the back.  You can easily pull the radio out and check the connections.  The fan motor could be a bad motor itself or even one of the relays have gone bad.  The fuel gauge is more commonly a bad ground.  The grounds get corroded over time.  Check the ground wire, remove it and clean it up.  Those are usually the typical problems that happen and the first places to check.  If those are not the problems, then you have to do some further inspecting from there.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: Radio, heater a/c and fuel gage problems
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:31:36 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog