NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: gauge restoration companies  (Read 3329 times)

clayton

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
gauge restoration companies
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »
I am seeking a company that rebuilds/repairs instrument gauges.  Several of my gauges for my 79 firechicken are dead or going dead and arent functioning, i found one company that seems very promising, http://autoinstruments.com/  My only issue is having to ship my gauges to them and paying 85 dollars per gauge that needs repair(assuming all the non functioning ones are dead) and 10 dollars for calibration per gauge, then having them shipped back and risking damage after repair..... Is there anyone out there that knows about a company that is capable of this in the Houston, Tx area? Would it be a bad idea to custom fabricate a gauge cluster and install aftermarket gauges? 

clayton

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
Re: gauge restoration companies
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:50:23 AM »
google found a place for me to send my gauges to get restored....autoinstruments.com....u ship them your gauges, they test them all and call u with diagnostics for free, and then you go from there...they charge 10 dollars per gauge for calibration or 85 dollars per gauge to completely rebuild dead gauges.....just about all my gauges besides the oil pressure and tachometer were not working properly or not at all so im waiting for an estimate.... ill post the workmanship here when i get them back in the car..... check out their website for all instrument gauge restoration needs....

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

Re: gauge restoration companies
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:50:23 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog