NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: royal purple in my 403  (Read 3804 times)

clayton

• Message Board Member but not a NFTAC Club Member
royal purple in my 403
« on: April 14, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
i recently changed the old oil in my t/a which has been sitting for quite some time (frequently ran just not driven) i made the switch to royal purple and ive been driving it a little around town and keeping a close watch on the level of the oil and color. im pretty sure the previous oil was not full synthetic and the engine was newly rebuilt a long time ago before taken off the road for a long time... i just recently drove the car home from the paint shop for minor touch up (30 mins or so) and i dont know how hot the car is running right now because the water temp gauge is not working but i checked the oil after getting it home and it seemed to be sorta grey after wiping the dipstick, at first i thought water in the oil, but its not milky or anything....it looks clear on the stick but when you wipe it onto a rag it seems to come off a light grey color.... could this just be from the oil still being pretty hot? or water getting in the oil? or is this a normal appearance for royal purple?

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

royal purple in my 403
« on: April 14, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog