NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader
Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.firebirdtaclub.com!

Author Topic: 1979 red Trans Am  (Read 15541 times)

may2009

• Message Board Member not current NFTAC Club Member
Re: 1979 red Trans Am
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »
Looking good my friend. Fixin' to give my 76' a bit of a facelift for our 25th anniversary together this year...got any leads on a front bumper and/or hood ? - Keep up the great work and the updated pics as it's sparking my fever quite nicely. Think I might start a thread of my own...Rock on fellow poncho buff !!  8)

Todd Stahr

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »
Its not done but I am done spraying paint on it. I need to buff it before I put the rest back on, but its all in color now. Then its some mechanical work and finishing the floor pan repairs. We used a 4th gen color, sunset orange metallic, for the stripe and modeled it after the 70-72 stripe.

Performance and general repair tech. Traditional Pontiac V8 is my specialty, as well as automatic transmission repair/diagonossis. 2nd gen speciality, and with the addition of the 98 Formula 4th gen LS1 I am getting to know them real well. Holley and Qjet advice as well.

Chalk mark restoration and date codes arent my thing. W.O.T. is my thing..

Is it strange to have 9 firebirds?

SpankinElroy

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 06:23:48 AM »
I'm diggin' it bro...the color you used for the stripe is very close to what I think I'm gonna go with for my color. I like the contrast you have and really like the overall appearance. Gen 2 Firebirds rule!! 8)

Todd Stahr

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Tech Staff
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 02:42:30 PM »
Here it is buffed and some of the parts back on, I still need to paint the mirrors, get some door handles, and put the chin spoiler under it. I want to reshoot a couple thin spots I had, yellow isnt easy for me to spray. Once I get that done, I will put the pinstripe on the stripe edges, and finish the floor repairs.

Been busy lately with other projects that are taking up space, so the TA has been waiting a bit. It should be on the road next week provided things go well.

Performance and general repair tech. Traditional Pontiac V8 is my specialty, as well as automatic transmission repair/diagonossis. 2nd gen speciality, and with the addition of the 98 Formula 4th gen LS1 I am getting to know them real well. Holley and Qjet advice as well.

Chalk mark restoration and date codes arent my thing. W.O.T. is my thing..

Is it strange to have 9 firebirds?

SpankinElroy

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »
nice....and as always, looking forward to more :)

ThunderChicken

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Member
  • It's a sickness...
    • Firebird Fest of the Carolinas
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 10:40:22 AM »
It does look great...now you've got to get those grills "Back to Black"!!
Bethany
1988 Flame Red GTA, 305 TPI--Bone stock heart, Flowmaster exhaust, Wonderbar coming soon!
1995 Medium Teal Blue Metallic V6 Firebird

Stock(ish) 1983 Black and Gold T/A, Edelbrock 600 Carb, Performer 2101 Intake-SOLD

gorin002

• Firebird & Trans Am Club Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 10:47:29 AM »
is that stock or modified looking good

National Firebird and Trans Am Club Message Board

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 10:47:29 AM »

NFTAC website home page or NFTAC Photo Gallery or NFTAC Club Blog